PhD in Cognitive Science, in progress
MS in Systems Science, June 2011
Portland State University
BS in Cognitive Science, March 2009
University of California, San Diego
New England Complex Systems Institute Summer School, June 2010
Masters Thesis, June 2010 - June 2011
Portland State University
Advisor: Dr. Patrick Roberts
- Computational modeling of adaptive sensory processing in the electroreception of electric fish.
- Dynamical systems approach to modelling neuronal interactions
Student Intern, July 2008 – Sept 2008
Laboratory for the Study of Adaptive Perceptual Processing Weizmann Institute, Israel
Supervisor: Dr. Ehud Ahissar
- Designed and ran experiment to study the controlling variables of exploratory rat whisker movements.
- Operated whisker-tracking computer program and analyzed data.
- Created hypothesis about the underlying sensori-motor feedback loops that strategically control whisking behavior.
Research Associate, Sept 2007 - April 2008
Embodied Cognition Lab, Cognitive Science Department, UCSD
Supervisor: Dr. Rafael Nuñez
- Designed an interactive computer program that displayed visual priming, asked questions and recorded data.
- Program was used to investigate subjects’ spatial representation of time.
Research Intern, March 2007 – April 2008
Bonobo Social Cognition, Cognitive Science Department, UCSD
Supervisor: Dr. Christine Johnson
- Used videographic analysis to investigate the development of social coordination between captive Bonobos.
- Applied the model of “distributed cognition” to analyze the Bonobos' social interactions.
Lab Assistant , Sept 2006 – April 2008
Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors Lab, Biology Department, UCSD
Supervisor: Dr. Darwin Berg
- Ran various procedures including: Western blots, DNA preps, radioactivity monitoring, and reagent preps.
- Assisted graduate and post graduate members with various research projects in molecular biology research.
Research Assistant, June 2006 – June 2007
Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, Cognitive Science Department, UCSD
Supervisor: Dr. Jaime Pineda
- Investigated the function of mirror neurons in social perception.
- Used Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation on the brains of human subejcts without autism to test if certain aspects of their social perception were affected.
HONORS & AWARDS:
NSF/IGERT Fellowship in the Dynamics of Brain ‐Body ‐Environment Systems, 2011
Indiana University Cognitive Science
September 28th, 2012. Action Switching in a Dynamical Agent. Presentation at Guided Self-Organization 5.
September 28th, 2012. A Dynamical Account of Probabilistic Inferencet. Presentation at Guided Self-Organization 5.
April 2012. Action Switching in a Dynamical Agent. Poster presented in IGERT Annual Research Showcase.